Progressive Homeowners Insurance Overview in 2023
Since its founding in 1937, Progressive has provided insurance for a variety of automobiles as well as for homeowners, renters, mobile homes, and condos. Through its network of insurers, Progressive Home Advantage, which includes its American Strategic Insurance division, offers homeowner’s insurance. Although the insurance is offered under the Progressive brand, the specifics depend on the insurer who will actually write your policy.
Progressive offers a policy that covers your home, other structures, personal property, loss of use, and liabilities through both its own internal insurance company and its external network of insurers. Protection against water backup and in case higher-value possessions are destroyed or stolen are optional add-ons.
HomeQuote Explorer, an online tool provided by the insurer, enables homeowners to look up and contrast prices from several providers. To finalise a policy, though, you might need to engage with an agent. After making a purchase, policyholders have online access to their accounts where they may manage and update their policies, make claims, and pay premiums.
Additionally, candidates may benefit from Progressive’s savings options. Purchasing a new home, choosing paperless communication, installing safety systems, bundling your auto and home insurance policy, and paying in advance are a few examples. If you request a quote before your policy’s start date, you might also be able to reduce your rates. According to Progressive, bundling home and auto insurance can help you save 5% on average.
Progressive is a large insurance company that offers a variety of homeowners insurance products. The company is known for its competitive rates and its wide range of coverage options.
Progressive offers a variety of homeowners insurance coverage options, including:
- Dwelling coverage: This coverage protects the structure of your home from damage caused by fire, wind, hail, and other perils.
- Personal property coverage: This coverage protects your belongings inside your home from damage caused by fire, wind, hail, theft, and other perils.
- Liability coverage: This coverage protects you from financial losses if you are sued for damages caused by your negligence.
- Additional living expenses coverage: This coverage pays for your living expenses if your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
- Flood insurance: This coverage protects your home from damage caused by flooding.
- Extended replacement cost coverage: This coverage pays for the cost of rebuilding your home even if the cost of construction has increased since you purchased your policy.
- Water backup coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your home and belongings caused by water backing up from a sewer or drain.
- Identity theft protection: This service provides you with identity theft protection services, such as credit monitoring and identity theft insurance.
Progressive offers a variety of discounts on its homeowners insurance policies, including:
- Multi-policy discount: You can save money by bundling your homeowners insurance with your auto insurance.
- Good driver discount: You can save money if you have a good driving record.
- Home security discount: You can save money if you have a home security system.
- Fire department service discount: You can save money if your home is located in a fire department service area.
- Smoke detector discount: You can save money if you have a working smoke detector in your home.
- Home protection plan discount: You can save money if you have a Home Protection Plan from Progressive.
Progressive has a good reputation for customer service. The company offers a variety of ways to contact customer service, including phone, email, and chat. Progressive also has a good online customer portal where you can view your policy, make changes, and file claims.
Progressive’s homeowners insurance rates are competitive. The company offers a variety of discounts that can help you save money on your policy. However, your actual rate will depend on factors such as the value of your home, your location, and your risk factors.
Progressive is a good option for homeowners who are looking for a wide range of coverage options, competitive rates, and good customer service. The company offers a variety of discounts that can help you save money on your policy. However, it is important to compare quotes from multiple companies before you decide which one to buy.
Here are some pros and cons of Progressive homeowners insurance:
- Competitive rates: Progressive’s homeowners insurance rates are competitive.
- Wide range of coverage options: Progressive offers a wide range of homeowners insurance coverage options.
- Good customer service: Progressive has a good reputation for customer service.
- Variety of discounts: Progressive offers a variety of discounts that can help you save money on your policy.
- Not available in all states: Progressive is not available in all states.
- Complex policies: Progressive’s policies can be more complex than those of other companies.
- Some complaints about claims process: There have been some complaints about Progressive’s claims process, but the company has taken steps to address these issues.
If you are looking for a competitively priced homeowners insurance policy with a wide range of coverage options and good customer service, Progressive may be a good option for you. However, it is important to compare quotes from multiple companies before you decide which one to buy.